Welcome guys! In today’s article, I will show you two methods by which you can delete or clear other files in Xiaomi MIUI 12 or any other android device. The normal cleaner cannot clear other storage in MIUI, this other files section in Storage Space needs some extra attention. Read the whole article properly and you will be able to free up your disk space by up to 50%.
What are other files in MI storage?
You must have seen other files in the Storage space section of your MIUI setting or any other OS that you have. No matter how many times you click on Clear and try to clear the files you won’t find any change in this one. Actually, this other storage contains data like backups, thumbnails, app cache memory, etc. So let’s move to the methods by which you can delete other files in MIUI 12.
How to delete other files in android?
Although this article might have mentioned MIUI, you can clear other storage in any Android phone, or OS. This method needs a 3rd party android cleaner to delete other files in MIUI.
- Download SD Maid from the google play store. (You need SD maid pro for this job.)
- After you have successfully downloaded SD maid, open the application.
- Go to quick access and click “Run Now”.
- It will automatically clear up some cache but wait, the job is not done yet.
- After this click on App cleaner. Click on the icon at the bottom right corner.
- It will ask you to enable Accessibility because it will clean the App cache of your mobile automatically.
- Now sit back and let the App cleaner do its job.
- After this follow the steps to delete old MIUI backups.
- Voila, you have successfully deleted other files on android MIUI.
Android has restricted apps from accessing, changing or deleting files of other apps (for security reasons), that’s why app cache cleaners don’t work efficiently. You will have to open each app and clear the cache manually. But with SD maid pro will automate this process for you.
How to delete other files in MI Storage?
The method mentioned above will need SD maid pro. But if you can’t afford to purchase you can delete or clear other files in MIUI manually. Just follow these steps to delete other files in MI:-
- Open file manager and go to settings.
- Enable “Show Hidden Files”.
- Now open File Manager > MIUI > Gallery > Trashbin and delete all the files.
- Download Storage Analyzer from Google play store.
- Go to File Categories > Others.
- Delete the contents of the “File and ‘0’ file. Do NOT delete obb and data files.
- Clear the cache of Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram.
- Delete your backups.
- These steps will help you clear other storage in MIUI
Tip: Please check Telegram media and WhatsApp media. Sometimes they cache up alot of images. In my case Telegram had ~10GB of the video and images.
How to delete backups in Android?
Backups contribute a lot to other files section. Usually, these backups are in GBs. Just delete these backups and you will free up a lot of space from other files section in MIUI.
- Open settings and search for “Backup and Restore”.
- Open it and go to settings.
- Click on “Manage Backups” and delete OLD backups.
- Done, you have now cleared other storage in MIUI 12!!
Other storage contains data like backups, thumbnails, app cache memory, etc.
Go to Settings > Backup and Restore > Settings > Manage Backups.
Yes, it is totally safe to delete other files in MIUI.
I hope this post helped you clean other files and free up a lot of storage space by deleting other files in MIUI 11 or MIUI 12. Just do me a favor and drop a comment below if this post helped you. Stay happy!! 🙂